Friday, January 9, 2015

More Milestones!

This week seemed to last forever!  Or maybe it is because we have been slammed with winter again after taking the whole month of December off!  I have had zero motivation to do anything productive..but..I did sit at my desk and sign up for the gym!  If I can just get there..that is a huge step.  I am aiming for Monday-if the weather cooperates.

I decided to join Planet Fitness.  Even though I don't have one in my home town, I think the 12 mile drive is worth it.  I might not be able to go every day, but I am aiming for 3 times a week.  There is a Snap fitness right down the street from me, but it is very small and just uncomfortable for me.  I think this will work out much better-no pun intended :)

We are already 9 days into the new year!  On New Years Day, my girls and I went to a hotel overnight for some fun.  Even 7 months out from surgery, I still get really nervous to eat in a restaurant!  I don't eat out very often at all, but it always helps to look at a menu ahead of time, and this time I forgot.  I found some cheese soup and that was just the perfect amount.  It still is kind of funny when I get looks about the amount of food that I eat from the waitress.  I brought my own protein for the rest of the time and that works out just fine.

I was stressing about my bathing suit situation though.  My normal suit is a size 26 and when I put it on it was huge.  You can see down the back..and quite frankly..it was too big to hold up the "girls"!.  My search for a new one in January was futile.  The one that I might have bought was 120 and I didn't love it nearly enough to spend that.  So I wore an old one that fit just fine for a few hours..and thank goodness for cover ups!

     Look what else happened!!!

I lost 80 pounds!  80!   I thought 50 was awesome.  I thought 60 was so cool.  I thought 75 was a milestone.  But 80 is special because I am halfway to my goal!  I have a little ticker that I can record my weight loss on and it is smack in the middle.  It is only downhill from here!   This makes me so excited beyond words. I feel like I have climbed over a huge mountain.

I feel like I am still needing to change my diet a bit.  But I have no room for things other than protein so it is a real challenge.  I am going to invest in a good blender and maybe make some smoothies with fruit/veggies and unflavored protein powder.   That will be a new adventure for me.  

I go to the doctor in 2 weeks for my post-op check up so next week I am focused on getting started back at the gym and getting lab work done.  I am anxious to see what my Vit D level is.  It has been very,very low and I think that might be the reason for my lack of ambition.  Wish me luck next week..the gym is the monkey on my back and I am going to knock it off!



No comments:

Post a Comment