I have hit the delete button so many times today. When I decided to make this blog as a way to document my final journey with weight loss, I had forgotten about the other blogs I created to document the journey with each attempt to lose weight. I ended up deleting 6 blogs--1 with lots of posts, a few with only a handful of posts, and the rest with just a title--never to be opened again. Each represents a failed attempt at sticking with a plan long term. Each represents the past--and this blog represents the future.
I found this act of wiping the slate very cleansing and it gave me peace knowing that what I am about to do will be the last attempt to get my health in order. It is almost surreal to me to write this, but in just a little over 5 weeks I will be having weight loss surgery, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy or VSG. 3/4 of my current stomach will be removed, leaving a long pouch that will fill very quickly and allow me to lose weight and feel full. I am also having a hernia repaired at the same time.
It was not easy to take the first step and go to that meeting at the surgeon's office. I had done it once before but chickened out and never followed through. There were so many excuses--I can't afford this, what will people think, there are other things that we need-this is so selfish...and on and on. Fast forward to March 2014-it took the pleading from my sister for me to finally make the decision to go to another meeting. She made me realize that I am worth it, and I should not waste any more time. So here I am today--all ready to go and approved for surgery. The waiting game has begun. I am thankful for patience and I am fully at peace with my decision.
Over the next few weeks I look forward to journaling my thoughts as I work through the pre-op classes and diet. After the big day there will be so much more to talk about, but for now I wait--and write!
No comments:
Post a Comment