Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Morbidly Bariatric

I had a random thought go through my head--I severely hate the word morbid.  And the word bariatric.  Nothing deflates me more than seeing the word obese, but what really devastates me is seeing the word morbid in front of it.  I feel like that is the worst label you could give a person- morbidly obese.

I can't wait to be out of that category though, and now it is finally real!   I started my 2 week liver shrinking,hunger inducing,water guzzling diet today.  2 weeks of packaged food from the office for ever meal.  3 packaged meals, and 2 packaged snacks.  I love to cook...and I cook real food.  I love to eat real food.  This is a slow form of torture for me, but I do what I have to do.  Honestly, the "food" is much better than I thought it would be.  It WAS creepy to open up a package and dump out a powder, whisk it with water and fry it in a pan.  It was called an omelet.  That was quite funky, but I choked it down.  I am liking the soups,pastas,and bars, but man...I hope this gets easier!

I also saw the PA at the office, signed my papers and asked a few questions.  As soon as I am able, I am going to be eating as low carb as I can.  When I asked her if this was OK, she was just astounded that I even went there.  I am a believer in low carb, and need to eat this way for hormonal reasons.  It is the only way to control my PCOS.  So I explained this to her and she calmed down.  Not EVERYONE needs 150 carbs, and if you are morbidly obese such as me, you need even less carbs.  If more medical professionals would educate themselves on the benefits, I think people would get the results they need.  I will still do low carbs.  The opinion of one person is not enough to stop me.  My tiny tummy needs a protein- packed portion of good food, and that is not going to happen eating mashed potatoes.  If I need to be that example to others..then I will!

I even made a few sleeve friends along the way.  This is something that is not easy for me, but I love.  This weekend, I am going to "try" and tell my inlaws and sister-in-law about my surgery.  It is not easy. They will be supportive, but I am not close to them so it is just not easy for me.

I am proud to be taking the reins of my life finally and doing something for myself!   I am beyond excited for my new future,  Here's to Day One!

No comments:

Post a Comment