Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Century Club!


Here's a silly way to finally announce what I have been waiting for!   The day that I can finally say that I lost 100 pounds!  My daughter saved her "100 day" glasses for me because I was close...and sure enough, I got to wear them on March 1st!

I will remember March 1st forever I think.  I  have never lost more than 30 pounds at one time in my life, and just to make this HUGE milestone is very overwhelming!  I wanted to scream,shout,and cry all at the same time.  My only sadness is that my Grandma and Grandpa can't be here to see it.  Or maybe they are somewhere.  They would be so,so proud.  I am proud..grateful..and completely overtaken with the sheer joy that this journey has been.

It's not always about the pounds though!  I measure every so often and to this date the grand total of inches that I have lost from everywhere is 73.5!   At the start of this journey my lower abdomen was 64 inches around.  That is 5 foot 4!  FEET.  Now it is 53 inches.  I have lost a FOOT in that area alone.  It makes me cringe to write that.  But I write the truth, and facing it has only pushed me harder.

Some other neat things 8 months after surgery:


  • The dark ring around my neck has disappeared.  I have read this can be from PCOS, insulin resistance, or even gluten issues.  Since I don't really eat grains anymore, and my PCOS has improved so much, it makes me happy that it has disappeared.
  • My varicose veins and spider veins are much lighter...I had a large spider vein on my shin and it is about 50% gone.  The rest of it is much lighter.
  • My skin is brighter,smoother,and younger.
  • I don't get tired anymore, or winded.  I can get through the whole day without feeling exhausted!
  • Reflux and acid is long gone..a distant memory that I never want to remember.
  • I had to adjust the seat in my car again!
  • I can slide into a booth, go anywhere for work and not worry about fitting into their seats, and go to the movies and be comfortable.  
I started this at a size 26/28, and now I wear an 18.  I have some wearable 16's in the closet. I smile every time I put those shirts on-even in high school I wore an 18.

Life at 229 pounds is amazing.  As much help as losing 100 has been to my health, I still have LOTS of work to do!  Ultimately, I would like to be in the range of 160-175.  I can do the last 70 pounds.  This whole path has been effortless with the help of my tiny tummy and willingness to give it only what it needs.  I am ready to get serious about the gym now, and I joined a closer one so I could get there more.  Now it just has to open so I can let loose!

Thanks for reading!











2 comments: