Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I'm a hazard to myself....

I really am a hazard to myself!    They always say that surgery will fix your stomach, but not your head.  my head is my biggest enemy.

Today is day 2 of my pre-op, packaged protein, very low calorie diet.  I started the day off good enough, but loud storms meant no sleep last night and no coffee to wake me up this morning.  My "oatmeal" tasted like paste from kindergarten days, and I had a headache.  I trudged on through the day and then..on my way home, I passed by what seemed like a million restaurants, and my favorite coffee shop.  I was not technically starving, but my mind was thinking otherwise.  I almost pulled in...SO.MANY.TIMES.

 My biggest weakness is always feeling like I need to eat in the car.  Maybe it is because it is the only time I can be alone and sort of enjoy what I am eating,  or maybe it is a secret thrill of mine.  Either way, the force is strong when confronted with this kind of temptation and the food I am required to eat is less than stellar.  After a few words with my mind...I kept on driving.  But the moral of the story is.... that it wasn't easy and it just proves how bad habits are so hard to break.

I have a relentless headache.  My energy is zapped.  I have neon pee from whatever strange things I am ingesting.  But I keep forging on, and whenever these yucky feelings subside, I will be eternally grateful. And that much closer to surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment