This week has been a joy and a challenge..all rolled into one! For starters...I worked up the courage to tell my in-laws and sister in law what was up. It wasn't so bad but I am not sure they really get it. It felt good though. On Wednesday, I had my final pre-op appointment and physical with the PA at the office. They made it very clear last week that if you did not lose, you would not have surgery. So I was stressed out about that--I had tight rings, puffy ankles and just feeling like I would never lose even a pound. All those "what-ifs" crowded my brain most of the time. I have never been so anxious to step on the scale...and somehow, someway, I lost 7 pounds. Cleared for surgery! I am finally able to stand at the starting line! Today I found out that I will be the first of the day, 1230 Monday. This is extremely real now--no turning back! I am as ready as I ever will be. The next few days are going to be mostly protein shakes, water, and my packages of soups. This will also be my new life for 2 weeks afterwards. Sounds exciting, right!
I was thinking the other night about WHY I need to do this. I want to revisit this list in 3 months and see if I can improve on anything. These are the major reasons why I need to lose weight NOW:
- Hiatal Hernia (from my weight)
- Severe Acid Reflux (from the hernia and weight)
- PCOS (hair loss, hair excess everywhere else,rapid weight gain,bleeding issues,painful cysts..and on and on)
- Unable to fit in normal chairs with arms
- Unable to exercise or be active with the kids
- Had to buy certain type of vehicle because I couldn't fit into the one I truly wanted
- Avoid diabetes
- Avoid taking meds for high blood pressure
- To be the person I truly am..my weight gets in the way of that
- To one day NOT have to use the handicap bathroom stall
- To be free from eating so much and for the wrong reasons
I really could go on and on...but this is a snapshot of some of the things that my weight does to me. In short, it hinders me in every way. I got here partly because of genetics, but mostly because of me. And it is ME who is going to change that....with just a little help of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment