I was so nervous about going away, so I bought some protein shakes, protein juices, and bars to have with me just in case. I dread trying to find something to eat in a restaurant or worse yet, having something disagree with me and not being in a familiar place. But everything worked out and I went into it with an open mind about food.
In the past..vacation meant pigging out on everything, bakeries,candy stores, and fudge everywhere, and maybe a little too many margaritas. And it also means loads of weight gain and feeling horrible. Not this time!
| Having fun shopping! |
After we walked around some more we stopped at a tiny little cafe before heading home. They had a tiny menu too! Thicker soups are always safe, so since I hate pea soup my only other option was carrot soup. This was a little German bistro, so I took a chance.
It was perfectly amazing in every way. Loved it and this little cup kept me going for hours. I have to get over caring what people think. My husband had this huge meal and I am twice his size having a tiny cup of soup. The waitress was trying to figure that one out in her head ;)
Mini-couples' getaway was awesome to say the least. It was nice to be away from food and protein rules and just act normal. This is my new normal and I have to learn how to deal with it in public,so it was great practice. But the BEST part....getting on the scale the next day!
284.0 pounds.
Haven't seen that number since I was pregnant. But that makes 44 pounds gone forever, and those 4 were on vacation!
The kids go back to school this week and I am going to go DO something. MOVE something. Clearly this journey could go full on warp speed if I exercise. I proved that above! I feel rejuvenated and ready for more! I can take this higher!
Here is a new picture..wearing another oldie but favorite. I love shopping in my too-tight bins!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment